QuickBooks Desktop version accords user with the option of customizing and modifying the report as per their and business’ requirement. Data along with modification of columns and rows is also possible with proper customizing of header and footer. Moreover, user can further customize the fonts to personalize the reports.
All the data stored under different columns and rows are quite dissimilar to each for every report as all the report data is accessed differently. It is imperative to know the target and source of the report while filtering them. In order to customize the report, user needs to follow the steps detailed below:
1. Access the report needed to be customized.
2. Under the Report screen, click on the Customize Report tab.
3. Next in the Modify Report screen, select the tabs as per the user requirement followed by clicking on OK tab once the changes are made for following options:
a. Display tab
b. Filters tab
c. Header/Footer tab
d. Fonts & Numbers tab
Steps to Filter a Report
Filters option allows user to set the report under certain conditions and criterias. This is the best option if the user requires to personalize the report as per their or company’s requirements along with the option for isolating purpose in case of any error or issue. To filter the report follow the steps illustrated below:
1. From the Modify Report screen select the Filters option.
2. Under the list of Filters choose the option that meets the requirement of the user or business.
3. Under the Detail Information tab of Filters, either select or provide information required for the software to work appropriately.
4. Now click on OK tab.
Read article: How to Integrate two or more Data Files?
Steps to Change The Font
In order to make changes of the report’s style and display, user can play around with the Font of the report. Font size, style and Font itself can be modified through following steps:
1. Firstly select the option of ‘Change Font for Column’ followed by the sections wherein the change needs to be be made.
2. Now select the ‘Change Font’ tab.
3. Under the Column Labels screen, change the Font, Font Size, Style, Color and Effect for the font as per user’s wish.
4. Click on OK.
5. Under the new screen of ‘Changing Font’ , click on ‘Yes’ tab to authenticate the changes made for all the labels.
Titles are 57 characters or less. You can add subtitle characters, but the date range is no longer displayed. If a report has a customized title, click on Help in the menu bar and select QuickBooks Help to see information about the base report from which it was developed.
Custom Summary and Custom Transaction Detail Reports
User can also employ Custom Summary Report and Custom Transaction Detail Reports in order to generate any report within the software. Under Modify Report screen, user can also apply different combos of filters and display section for customizing the window. However, the restrictions can be posed due to limitations of both programming and accounting along with permissions set in data file.
- Default Filter under Reports Category: If the Posting Status is stated as Posted then it is possible that the estimates, pending invoices, purchase and sales orders will not be displayed till the filter is not updated.
- Under Custom Summary Report user has the option of All Expense / Income Accounts. These two are the only accounts displayed till the filter is not changed.
- Under Custom Summary Report, the columns and rows included might be different completely. For instance, user cannot input vendors under column or customers under rows as they are considered to be under ‘Name’ category.
QuickBooks has numerous already generated reports that can be easily customized by the user to include details that are required to be displayed as per company requirements. Automatic emailing of this customized reports is also an option. The reports can be easily customized by the user in QuickBooks software.
For more information on the above listed method of customizing the reports, user should connect with the QuickBooks customer care team set up by Intuit. In case the user is unable to connect with the team due to long queue they should try for alternative support agencies like QuickBooks.support-telephonenumber.com on their website.
For more information, dial our QuickBooks Support Number +1-844-640-1482.